- Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted
- Vanilla Pastry Cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups whole milk
- Seed from one vanilla bean or 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Whipped Cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 (12 oz) can apple pie filling
- 1 (12 oz) can blueberry pie filling
- 1 (12 oz) can cherry pie filling
- Pie Fillings
Graham Cracker Crumbs
Add all ingredients to a medium bowl. Mix together until completely coated. Store in an airtight container.
Vanilla Pastry Cream
- Whisk eggs and sugar until light and thick in a medium bowl. Whisk in cornstarch. Set aside.
- Pour milk into a medium saucepan. Split vanilla bean in half and scrape out seeds using back of the knife. Add vanilla seeds to milk and bring to a boil.
- Add 1/4 cup of hot milk to egg mixture, whisking constantly. Slowly pour in remaining milk whisking to combine. Pour mixture back into saucepan and cook over medium heat. Whisk until cream begins to thicken and comes to a bubble.
- Pour into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place wrap directly on surface to prevent a skin from forming. Chill for at least one hour, can be made 2 to 3 days ahead of time.
- Add ingredients to the bowl of an electric mixer, whip until soft peaks form. Transfer to a bowl to serve.
- Layer all ingredients in any order you wish and serve immediately.
NOTE: Our recipe calls for making your own graham cracker crust, pastry cream, and whipped cream, but in a pinch, store-bought can be used easily. Shop your pantry and cabinets to add additional toppings like nuts and dried fruits. You can make the graham cracker crust and pastry cream a few days ahead of time.