- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 3 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 bunch broccoli, steamed
- 1 cup frozen edamame, thawed
- Quinoa (recipe below)
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts, for garnish
- 1 bunch chopped scallions, for garnish
- Fresh chopped cilantro, for garnish
- 2 cups quinoa
- 4 cups chicken broth (or water)
- 1 dried bay leaf
- Pinch Kosher salt
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place chicken in the bottom of slow cooker. In a medium mixing bowl, combine coconut milk, peanut butter, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar and lime juice. Pour sauce over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred using two forks. Return chicken to slow cooker along with broccoli and edamame, and stir into sauce. Reduce slow cooker temperature to warm to allow ingredients to absorb sauce while you make the quinoa.
- Place quinoa, chicken broth (or water), bay leaf and Kosher salt in a medium pot. Bring to a boil, then cover and lower heat to maintain a simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, let sit for 5 minutes, then uncover and fluff with a fork.
- Divide quinoa between bowls. Top with Thai Peanut Chicken, and garnish with peanuts, scallions and cilantro.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Chris Cockren at Shared Appetite.