- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2/3 cup sweet orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup oat flakes (optional)
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour a cupcake or muffin tin or line with 12 paper cups and set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar and set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients whisk together egg, oil, vanilla extract, orange juice and orange marmalade.
- Stir in dry ingredients and mix only until combined. Over mixing will make muffins rubbery and dry.
- Scoop into muffin pans and if desired sprinkle with oat flakes and place in oven. Bake until center of muffins bounce back when lightly pressed with a finger, about 23 minutes.
Dixie Crystals Insight
These terrific muffins can easily be prepared a day in advance without baking. Simply place the mixed batter in the refrigerator and bake the next morning. Fresh baked muffins were never this easy!