Make the countdown to Easter even sweeter with a homemade paper mache basket using an edible sugar decoupage recipe. This easy Easter craft project will give kids the chance to show the Easter bunny their creativity when he hops by to leave treats on Easter morning.
- Edible Sugar Glue
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon oil (grapeseed, olive, etc.)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Fabric scraps
- Wide ribbon with wire trim
- Hot glue
- Mix flour, sugar, water and oil in a pot and stir over low heat until well combined and smooth in texture. Let cool.
- Cut small squares of fabric in different patterns and colors.
- Blow up a balloon to the size you want your basket to be.
- Cover the fabric squares in decoupage and place fabric squares around bottom and up the sides of the balloon. Work until you are about halfway up the balloon.
- Set the balloon, fabric side up, into a glass and let dry for 24 - 48 hours.
- Once dry, pop the balloon.
- Attach ribbon for basket handle with a small bit of hot glue on each side.
- Fill with Easter grass and Easter treats.