- 1 cup corn syrup
- 2/3 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 3 whole large eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Vegetable oil (2-3 inches in bottom of pan)
- Optional Crème Chantilly
- In a heavy bottom stock pot, heat corn syrup, brown sugar, eggs, butter, and salt over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and stir in pecans. Cook over a low boil for 8-10 minutes, until mixture begins to thicken. Add vanilla extract, stirring until fully incorporated.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- In a frying pan, heat oil to 360°F.
- Lay an egg roll wrapper on a board. Fill with about 1/4 cup of cooled pecan pie filling. Using your fingers, wet edges of egg roll wrapper with water. Fold wrapper over filling, fold sides in, and roll tightly. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Drop 2-3 egg rolls into hot oil. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove to a wire rack to drain and cool.
- Serve topped with whipped cream.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.