- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- butter flavored baking spray
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour*
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups chopped pecans + 24 pecan halves for tops
- 2 tablespoons Gold ’N Natural Turbinado Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To prepare dough: Beat butter until very light and creamy. Add 1 1/2 cups sugar and continue mixing until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla and salt and beat until very well combined.
- Sift flour, baking soda and cream of tartar together and add in one step to above. Mix until dough forms. Do not over mix.
- Wrap dough tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- To prepare filling, cream together both sugars and butter in a large bowl.
- Mix in milk, flour and eggs. Mix until combined.
- Mix in chopped pecans.
- Spray muffin tin with butter spray.
- Take 1 1/2 tablespoon of chilled dough and roll into ball. Use thumbs to press ball into a bowl shape. Press cookie dough bowl into muffin pan.
- Continue until muffin pan is full.
- Bake for 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Use back of spoon to make a well in the dough, press dough back into a cup/bowl shape.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of pecan pie filling into middle of cookie dough. Continue until entire muffin pan is full.
- Top each mini pie with 1 pecan.
- Sprinkle each cookie with Gold ’N Natural Turbinado Sugar.
- Bake 20 minutes. Let cool completely on wire rack before removing cookie from muffin tin.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.