- Graham Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- Key Lime Butter Cream Filling
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed key lime juice
- 4 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with paddle attachment, mix butter and sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Turn speed down slightly and add in eggs and vanilla, mixing until smooth, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- With mixer on medium-low speed, add in graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, and salt, mixing until incorporated.
- Turn mixer speed to low and slowly add in flour until just combined.
- Using a medium (2-tablespoon) cookie scoop, drop dough about 2-inches apart onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 9-10 minutes until the edges are lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on pan for 2-3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While cookies are cooling, prepare filling. In bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, mix butter and zest until combined and smooth. Turn mixer to low and slowly add in powdered sugar and key lime juice. Mix until combined, then turn mixer to medium and beat for 1-2 minutes until creamy and smooth, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- Turn half of cookies upside down. Fill a piping bag (or a zip-top bag with corner cut off) with key lime filling and pipe on approximately 2 tablespoons onto bottoms of half of cookies. Place other half of cookies on top of filling, creating sandwiches.
- Store airtight for up to 3 days.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.