- Heat sugar and water in small pot until sugar is dissolved. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Place blackberries, simple syrup, and lemon juice in food processor and pulse until blackberries have liquified.
- Strain blackberry mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Add gin and shake until chilled.
- Fill 4-6 glasses with ice, divide blackberry gin mixture between glasses, and top with ginger ale. Garnish with blackberries, lemon slices and mint,
- For a mocktail version, omit gin and substitute with ginger ale.
Recipe developed by Terri Truscello Miller @LoveandConfections.