Fool your friends and family with a realistic looking Cookie Pepperoni Pizza. Top a sugar cookie crust with strawberry preserves pizza sauce), white chocolate ganache (melted mozzarella cheese), and candy pepperoni, green peppers, olives, and sausage. Looks just like the real thing and makes a fun dessert for any occasion.
- Cookie Pizza Crust
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened slightly
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup packed Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg white
- White Chocolate Ganache “Cheese”
- 4 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Pizza Toppings
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- 5 strawberry fruit leather strips, cut into 15 (1-inch) rounds for pepperoni
- 2-3 small green gumdrop candies or taffy, cut into small strips for green peppers
- 1 stick soft black licorice (about 2-inches long), cut into slices with holes for olives
- Chocolate coated rice cereal nuggets
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 12-inch round pizza pan with baking spray. If you plan to remove the cookie pizza from the pan prior to serving, line pan with a parchment paper round.
- Prepare Cookie Crust - Mix flour, salt, and baking powder together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in egg, vanilla, and almond extract and beat until well combined. Stir wet mixture into flour mixture just until incorporated.
- Pinch off about 1/3 cup of dough. Press remaining dough into a pan in an even layer. Brush egg white around the top edge of the cookie. Roll reserved dough into a log and arrange around top edge of the cookie, smoothing out any seams.
- Bake cookie crust on the bottom rack of oven for 16-20 minutes until center is baked through and edges are golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Prepare White Chocolate Ganache “Cheese” - Combine white chocolate and heavy whipping cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat on high power for 1 minute. Allow bowl to sit in microwave for 2 additional minutes. Remove and stir until smooth. If needed, heat for 10-second bursts of high power, stirring after each until melted.
- Assemble Cookie Pizza - Spread strawberry preserves (pizza sauce) over cooled pizza crust. Drizzle white chocolate ganache (cheese) over top. Cut pizza into 8 slices.
- Arrange strawberry fruit leather pepperoni, the green candy peppers, and black licorice olives over the top of pizza slices. Sprinkle chocolate coated rice cereal nuggets over whole pizza creating the look of sausage. Serve and enjoy!
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill the measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for the recipe.