These ghoulishly green Frankenstein pudding desserts will be the talk of your Halloween party. Give homemade vanilla pudding a green and draw Frankie's face on plastic cocktail glasses with a permanent marker. Hot glue gold foiled caramel candies for his plugs and give him some crazy, crumbly cookie crumb hair. Kids and adults alike will love this sweet treat.
- 4 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- green gel food coloring
- 2 cups crushed chocolate sandwich cookies
- 12 gold foiled caramel candies (Roll-o)
- 6 plastic cocktail glasses
- black permanent marker
- hot glue gun
- To make the pudding, heat 4 cups of milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat until it begins to bubble around the edges.
- In a large bowl or batter bowl, whisk sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Whisk in the egg yolks and 1/2 cup milk. Whisk until pale yellow in color. Use a ladle to add one ladle of hot milk at a time, whisking constantly. Slowly add half of the milk mixture.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture into the saucepan. Cook over medium heat until it comes to a bubble, whisking constantly. Cook for an additional two minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla. Strain through a sieve to catch any cooked egg pieces. Add green food coloring.
- Divide pudding evenly among cups. Top with crushed cookie crumbs. Use a marker to draw on face and stitches on forehead. Use glue gun to glue caramel candies for plugs. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in fridge until ready to serve.