- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup white wine such as sauvignon blanc
- 1 cup orange or mandarin orange juice
- Salt + pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4-6 tablespoons tarragon leaves
- Orange liquor (optional)
- 4 tablespoons butter (optional)
- In a saucepan heat 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil, or a combination of the two.
- Heat shallots over medium heat and stir to soften. After 3-4 minutes add garlic and stir for a few minutes. Do not allow garlic to brown and become bitter.
- Add wine and orange juice and simmer until reduced by half and sauce coats the back of a spoon.
- Pour sauce thru a strainer to remove shallots. Press on shallots to remove all liquid. Shallots can be used to toss into cooked green beans.
- Add salt and pepper and tarragon leaves. Add a tiny amount of orange liquor if desired.
- If using butter, allow sauce to become lukewarm before whisking in butter.
- If needed, reheat very gently if second listed butter was added. Otherwise, you can boil it.
Dixie Crystals Insight
This recipe is the perfect compliment to Chef Eddy's Baked Turkey recipe.