*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Prepare jam. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour, ginger, cinnamon, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Mix butter until light and fluffy, add sugar followed by honey. Add egg, vanilla and salt and mix until light and creamy.
- Add dry ingredients and mix very briefly until just combined.
- Scoop tablespoon amounts onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Alternatively, to make perfectly round cookies first chill dough in freezer for 20 minutes and then make balls.
- Place in oven until very light golden and not golden brown. Cookies will deflate once removed from oven. Slightly overbaked cookies will still soften once they have been filled and allowed to sit for a while.
- Once cooled fill with jam.