- 3 1/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, very soft
- 2 1/4 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 5 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup apricot brandy
- 1/2 cup passion fruit juice, Goya®
- 2 tablespoon apricot brandy or passion fruit juice
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour an 9 or 10-inch tube pan or bundt pan and set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda and set aside.
- In a stand, or hand held mixer with a paddle attachment, mix butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar and mix well.
- Add one egg at a time waiting for previously added egg to be fully incorporated and mixture regains a smooth look. Add salt.
- Alternately add flour mixture and juice-brandy mixture in 5 steps, starting with and ending with flour. Scrape batter into prepared pan and place in oven. After 15 minutes in oven reduce temperature to 340°F.
- Bake until the center of cake bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour 5 minutes. If cakes becomes too dark before being done, cover cake with a lightly buttered piece of foil.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before turning upside down on a serving platter.
- Prepare glaze by combining juice and powdered sugar, cover with plastic food wrap and set aside until cake has cooled before brushing with glaze.
NOTE: You can find Goya® passion fruit in your grocer's freezer section. Mix any remaining passion fruit juice with sparkling water or in mixed drinks for a cool, refreshing sipper.