- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut, cranberries, sweetened condensed milk, and 1/3 cup sugar.
- In small bowl, whip egg white, adding remaining sugar slowly, until stiff peaks. Fold into coconut mixture.
- Using a 1-ounce cookie scoop, portion out macaroons, packing them tightly before placing onto cookie sheets. Bake one tray at a time for 18-20 minutes, turning halfway. Cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes then move to wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare chocolate ganache. Dip cooled macaroons into chocolate and place on wax paper to set. Using a piping bag or parchment cone, drizzle melted chocolate onto macaroons. Add cranberries for optional garnish.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed by Terri Truscello Miller @LoveandConfections.