- 2 teaspoons gelatin
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoon Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 12 ounces + 4 ounces excellent quality chocolate, preferably in bar or best quality chips
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 stick butter, very cold
- 1/2 cup minus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 ounces excellent quality chocolate
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced (for garnish)
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a very small bowl or cup combine gelatin with cold water and set aside.
- In a saucepan bring milk and sugar to a boil, remove from heat and whisk in hydrated gelatin.
- Add chocolate and whisk smooth or use an immersion blender for perfectly smooth results.
- Stir in non-whipped heavy cream and pour into glasses. Place in the refrigerator for several hours or until the next day.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare chocolate streusel.
- Place flour, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Grate cold butter on the large eyes of a box grater directly onto flour mixture.
- Rub dough between your hands until it becomes clumpy; alternatively press butter into dough and grate dough itself onto the box grater.
- Spread streusel onto a cookie sheet and place in oven for about 12-14 minutes or until fragrant and edges of streusel shows signs of browning. Once cool store airtight.
- For the chocolate sauce, boil milk and sugar. Remove from heat and whisk in chocolate. Set aside until ready to finish the dessert.
- When ready to serve, pour chocolate sauce onto chocolate cream and decorate with baked chocolate streusel and sliced strawberries.