- 2/3 cup canned plain pumpkin
- 2/3 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 slices white sandwich bread
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Butter, for coating skillet
- In a small bowl, whisk together pumpkin, 1/3 cup granulated sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In another dish, mix remaining 1/3 sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
- Cut crusts from slices of white bread, and flatten bread with rolling pin.
- Spread pumpkin pie filling on one side of each slice of bread. Tightly roll up the slice of bread. Continue for remaining slices.
- In a shallow dish, beat eggs, and milk with whisk.
- In 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat to coat inside of skillet. Dip each roll into egg mixture, and place in skillet.
- Cook in batches of 4 or 5, turning until roll is browned. Dip into cinnamon sugar, and roll until completely covered. Serve immediately.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.