- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 7/8 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup strawberry fruit spread
- 2 sticks(16 tablespoon) unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Pinch salt
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Jammy Dodger Cookies
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoon) unsalted butter, soft
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour*
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Set aside 20 cupcake liners positioned into a cupcake or muffin tin.
- Sift together flour and baking powder and set aside.
- Whip 4 eggs until well combined. Add sugar and whip for 3-4 minutes to a thick mousse consistency.
- Stop whipping and fold in salt, vanilla, and flour mixture.
- Bring milk to a boil and remove from heat. Add oil and butter and whisk together. Gradually add hot milk mixture to cake batter while mixing on low and scraping bowl frequently.
- Fill cupcake liners slightly over 3/4 full and place in oven. Bake for approximately 18 minutes or when center bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Once cooled stick a paring knife into center of cupcake to make a hole for strawberry fruit spread. Fill 2/3 cup strawberry fruit spread in a pastry bag or food storage bag and pipe it equally into cupcakes.
- Prepare buttercream. Using a paddle mix soft butter and sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Add 2-3 tablespoons evaporated milk at a time waiting for previous added amount to be fully incorporated and mixture becomes smooth again.
- Gradually keep adding milk until all incorporated. Add vanilla. If buttercream is too firm heat cream with a blow dryer while mixing.
- Pipe buttercream on cupcakes.
- For cookies, sift powdered sugar and mix together with butter until combined. Do not mix until light and fluffy.
- Add salt and vanilla. Sift flour, add to above and mix briefly until just combined.
- Press about 1/4-inch-thick on a plastic food film lined cookie sheet and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface roll half of cookie dough 1/8 inch thick. Cut into circles using a cutter with approximate diameter of 1 1/2 inches. Place on parchment lined or buttered cookie sheets.
- Repeat with remaining dough. In half of cookies cut a design using a small cutter of choice. Using a small plain piping tip will also work.
- Place in oven for about 9 minutes or until pale golden.
- Once cooled drop a teaspoon of fruit spread on the solid cookie and top with a cookie containing a cutout.
- Place on cupcakes and serve.