- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 oz dark chocolate chips or chopped Mexican chocolate
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs 1 at at time, mixing completely each time. Add in vanilla.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and cayenne pepper until completely incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate.
- Chill dough for at least 1 hour (up to 24 hours) before baking.
- Scoop 1-inch balls of dough onto a baking sheet. Bake for 9-10 minutes until edges are golden and centers are set.
- Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 5 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.