- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, room temperature
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
Banana Pudding Topping Layer
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 5.9 ounces instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups skim milk
- 2 cups vanilla wafer cookies
- 16 ounces whipped topping
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Whisk together bananas, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Mix in eggs one at a time. Add in buttermilk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and salt and mix well.
- Sift together salt, baking soda, baking powder, and flour.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture until well incorporated.
- Pour batter into a greased 10X15-inch baking dish. Bake for 30-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Once cake has cooled, layer sliced bananas on top of cake.
- Whisk together pudding mix, sour cream, and skim milk. Pour pudding over bananas.
- Spread whipped topping, and crumble vanilla wafer cookies on top. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Ashton Swank @keatseats.