- 2 1/2 cups of sweetened coconut flakes
- Juice from one whole lemon
- 3 tablespoon water
- 2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Dash of fresh lemon zest
- 2 egg whites
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine juice from one lemon with coconut and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine water, sugar, and corn syrup and bring the mixture to a boil. Combine the boiling mixture with the lemon and coconut in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the vanilla and fresh lemon zest and stir. Once mixed, add in egg whites and stir until combined. The mixture should have a thick consistency.
- Using a small spoon, place small mounds of the mixture onto the baking sheets about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. The tops and bottoms should be lightly browned.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Ashley Schoenith @heirloomedblog.