- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Bake pie crust according to package and let completely cool.
- Place sliced peaches in a bowl and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of sugar. Set aside.
- Add milk, flour, salt and 3 tablespoons of sugar to medium saucepan. Cook over medium low heat while constantly stirring.
- Once mixture begins to thicken, stir in egg yolk. Keep stirring for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Fill pie shell half full with peaches and pour custard mixture over peaches. Let chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Add heavy whipping cream and sugar to an electric mixer. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form. Spread whipped cream over top of pie and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Recipe updated for Dixie Crystals by Heather Seeley @FoodLovinFamily.