- Lightly spray a 9X9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place cornflakes in a plastic bag and crush using a rolling pin.
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat, add cornflakes, stirring frequently until lightly toasted, about 3 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat, stir in sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Stir to coat cornflakes evenly and allow to cool.
- Once cornflakes have cooled, gently press half of toasted cornflakes into bottom of prepared pan. Place in freezer to firm for 20 minutes.
- While cornflake crust chills, remove ice cream from freezer to soften at room temperature. After 20-minutes remove pan from freezer, and with spatula evenly spread softened ice cream over toasted cornflake crust.
- Gently press remaining toasted cornflakes over top of ice cream, pressing gently with fingers. Cover with plastic wrap, return to freezer for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, warm the dulce de leche in microwave for 30 seconds. Cut Fried Ice Cream into squares, top with whipped topping and drizzle with dulce de leche.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Vianney Rodriguez @sweetlifebake.com