- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour*
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 round pie crusts, unbaked (not in a pan)
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Place diced apples in a medium saucepan. Add in cinnamon, brown sugar, salt, flour, and water. Stir to combine. Cook apples on medium heat for 8-10 minutes until softened, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in caramel sauce. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk egg and water together. Set aside.
- Unroll pie crusts and lightly brush tops of dough with egg wash.
- Using a pizza or pastry wheel, cut pie dough into 2-inch triangles or rectangles.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Serve with apple pie dip, warm or at room temperature.
Store in refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat dip in microwave or on stove top if desired. Store pie chips airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.