- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 3/4 cups old-fashioned or quick cooking oats
- 1 cup unsalted butter, soft
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup well-packed Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar or Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large Bosc pears
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 370°F. Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in oats and set aside.
- Cream butter until light. Add both sugars and vanilla extract.
- Add eggs one at a time, scrape well and beat until light and fluffy. Set aside.
- Peel pears and cut in quarters. Cut each quarter in small cubes. Add to above.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Drop by double tablespoons onto parchment lined or well-buttered cookie sheets.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until light golden.
- Once removed from oven sprinkle with a few chocolate chips.