Strawberry Crunch Cookies
- 20 Golden Oreos
- 1 box (3.4 oz) strawberry Jello powder
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Roughly crush Golden Oreos and pour into a bowl.
- Mix in strawberry Jello powder and melted butter.
- Stir well. Pour onto a plate and spread into a single layer.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In mixer, cream together butter and both sugars.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Make sure each egg is incorporated before adding next.
- Add in strawberry extract. Mix well.
- Whisk in red or pink food coloring.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- With mixer on low, slowly add flour mixture to batter. Mix until just combined.
- Scoop dough into a round tablespoon and roll in crushed cookie mix.
- Place cookies on a prepared baking sheet a few inches apart as cookies will spread.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle crushed cookie mix on tops of cookies.
- Return to oven and bake for another 4 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and let cool completely.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.