Sour Cream Waffles
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup canola or safflower oil
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Stir dry ingredients together until well blended.
- Separate eggs and whisk yolks with sour cream and oil. Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir together until flour is just moistened.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff and carefully fold into batter.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of batter onto a greased, hot waffle iron and cook 4-6 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with syrup, fresh fruit, jam and a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
For more topping ideas, visit our Condiments section for lots of jams, jellies, flavored butters and more.