Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 sticks minus 1 tablespoon (15 tablespoons) unsalted butter, soft
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar, well packed
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups almond flour (not almond meal)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups chocolate chips, dark or milk chocolate
- Preheat oven to 365°F.
- Mix butter until creamy. Add brown sugar and mix until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix until fluffy.
- Using a whisk, stir together almond flour, baking soda, and salt until very well combined. Mix into above.
- Add chocolate chips and mix to combine.
- Using an ice cream scoop that holds 2 tablespoons drop cookies on parchment lined cookie sheets. Keep 1 1/2 inches apart to allow for spreading.
- Place in oven and bake until golden, about 9-11 minutes.