- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely crushed corn flakes
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour*
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped pecans
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla together for 2 minutes on medium speed until pale in color and fluffy, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in corn flakes and flour until just combined.
- Add in pecans and mix until evenly incorporated.
- Using a medium-sized (2 tablespoon) cookie scoop, portion dough out and place onto lined baking sheet 3 inches apart. Cookies will spread while baking. If you don’t have a cookie scoop, roll into balls and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, until edges are golden and tops are set.
- Allow cookies to cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store airtight for up to 5 days.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.