- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 2 whole large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Sweetened Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners or grease very well.
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar together until nice and smooth. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until smooth and eggs are completely incorporated.
- Fold in flour mixture until white streaks just disappear.
- Fill lined muffin cups with about 1 1/2 tablespoons of muffin batter (suggest using a medium-sized cookie scoop). Place 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture in center (suggest using a small-sized cookie scoop). Cover with 1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons of more batter.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes until a tester comes out clean and when you gently press on top they spring back.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.