3 Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, soft
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 bag (12 oz.) semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 bag (12 oz.) bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 bag (12 oz.) milk chocolate chips
- Optional: 2 cups crispy rice cereal
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Cream butter until smooth; add sugars and cream further. Add vanilla and eggs one at a time; mix until light and creamy.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add flour in one step to creamed mixture and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Add chocolate chips and crispy rice cereal and gently stir to combine. Batter will be thick.
- Scoop dough using a medium ice cream scoop or a soup spoon and place on prepared cookie sheets. Gently press down.
- Bake until light golden brown, about 11-13 minutes, baking time will depend on size of cookies.
- Move to wire rack to cool and store airtight.
In our original recipe, we had white chocolate chips and butterscotch chips listed as ingredients. However, finding both of these chips now, made without hydrogenated fat is nearly an impossible task. Therefore the recipe has been updated to use chips which can be found made of real chocolate. Remember, real chocolate is always made with real cocoa butter! If desired, one of the chips can always be replaced with a chocolate bar cut in chunks.