3 Ingredient Scotch Tea Cookies
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 8"x8" square pan. Set aside.
- Cream butter until softened.
- Gradually add powdered sugar and continue creaming.
- Work in flour using hands.
- Press dough 1/2-inch thick into prepared pan.
- Prick with fork in close even rows and mark into small squares or oblongs.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool slightly and cut into cookies as marked.
- Dust lightly with granulated sugar.
This recipe was originally published in the 1940 edition of Aunt Cora’s Cookbook.
Note: If the dough is too dry you may add 1- 2 tablespoons of milk before working into the pan.