Apple Butter Cookies
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Cream together butter, apple butter, and sugar on low speed until mostly incorporated. Increase speed to medium-high and beat for 1-2 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl at least once during creaming.
- Mix in egg and vanilla. Mix just until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine cinnamon, flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to butter mixture. Mix until dough forms.
- Place into a refrigerator and chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Use a tablespoon-sized cookie scoop to portion out cookies. Roll dough into a ball and roll each ball in cinnamon sugar.
- Place cookies onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 13-15 minutes. Move baked cookies to wire rack to cool.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.