Salted Caramel Crunch Cookies
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup toffee bits
- 1 cup caramel squares, cut into fourths
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Flaked sea salt, optional
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking soda,
cornstarch, salt and cinnamon.
- Add butter, combine with a spatula or with a handheld mixer until crumbly. Add eggs and
vanilla extract and beat till well combined. Fold in toffee chips, caramel squares and
pecans. (Optional: reserve a few toffee chips, caramel squares and pecans to top cookie
dough with for a prettier presentation.)
- Roll two heaping tablespoons of cookie dough into a ball and place on prepared baking
sheet leaving 2 inches per cookie for spreading. (If you reserved extra toppings, place
them on top of cookie dough now.)
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until the edges of cookies are set. Remove from oven and
sprinkle with flaked sea salt, to taste.
- Let cookies cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet. Enjoy warm or allow to cool completely
and store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.
Recipe updated 12/2019.