Almond Amaretto Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons Amaretto liqueur
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup minced almonds
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In bowl of an electric mixer, add butter, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, and brown sugar. Cream together for about 2-3 minutes, until well combined.
- Add in flour and salt, mixing just until combined.
- Add in Amaretto liqueur, almond extract, and almonds. Mix until combined.
- Using a medium-sized cookie scoop (about 2 tablespoons of dough), scoop dough and gently roll into smooth balls. Place dough balls on prepared baking sheet, leaving about an inch between cookies for spreading.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until bottoms are lightly browned and edges near bottom start to pick up a little color.
- Let cookies cool for 5 minutes and then toss in the remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
- Serve immediately or let cool completely and store in an air-tight container for up to a week.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments