Apple Blackberry Crisp
- 3 honey crisp apples
- 12 ounces fresh blackberries
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a deep dish 9-inch pie pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Core, peel, and thinly slice apples.
- Place apple slices and blackberries in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add in lemon juice and 1/4 cup granulated sugar. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared pie pan.
- Combine remaining granulated sugar, brown sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, and oats in a bowl and stir until fully combined.
- Add melted butter. Mix until crumbly. Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples and blackberries.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- Serve warm with homemade vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.