Apple Cheddar Pecan Bread
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 cups Golden Delicious apples, peeled and grated
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix butter, sugar, and eggs until combined. Add flour, baking soda, salt, herbs, and apples. Stir until just combined and flour is mixed through.
- Add pecans and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Add batter to prepared loaf pan. Top loaf with remaining cheese, and if desired, thyme sprigs for decoration.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then cool completely on a wire rack.