Apple Cider Floats
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Apple Cider
- 8 cups Apple Cider
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- Grated peel of one lemon (no white bitter pith)
- Grated peel of one orange (no white bitter pith)
- 6 cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 8 allspice berries
- Crème Chantilly
- Sprinkle of ground cinnamon
- Apple slices
- Cinnamon sticks
- Prepare Vanilla Ice Cream - In a small saucepan, heat milk and sugar until warm and sugar is dissolved. Chill in refrigerator until cool.
- Combine milk, heavy cream, and vanilla extract, then churn in a countertop ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions. Portion into freezer-safe containers and freeze 4 hours. Prepare Apple Cider while ice cream freezes.
- Homemade Apple Cider - Place peels and spices in a cheesecloth bundle, tied, so spices are secure.
- In a stainless steel pot, combine cider, brown sugar, and spice bundle. Bring to a boil, then turn to a light simmer and simmer on low for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, cool to room temperature, then refrigerate 2 hours.
- Assemble Apple Cider Floats - Portion 2-3 scoops of vanilla ice cream into glasses and top with apple cider.
- Prepare piping bag with large star tip. Pipe Creme Chantilly, then sprinkle with cinnamon. Garnish with apple slices and cinnamon sticks.
Recipe developed by Terri Truscello Miller @LoveandConfections.