Apple Cinnamon Pound Cake
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Dusting of Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, combine sugar and butter until smooth.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Pour flour mixture into sugar mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Mix in milk.
- Combine grated apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a medium bow. Toss to coat.
- Add to batter, mix until combined.
- Spray a loaf pan (or line with foil/parchment paper).
- Fill loaf pan with batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour. If top begins to brown too much, tent with a piece of foil during the last 10 minutes of baking.
- Remove pound cake from oven and let cool completely.
- Store airtight at room temperature and dust with powdered sugar just before slicing and serving.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.