Apple Crisp Cheesecake
Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 apples, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Brown Sugar Cheesecake
- 3 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour*
- 3 whole large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Wrap a 9-inch springform pan with 2-3 layers of foil so no water can seep into pan.
- Make crust by mixing graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter until it's like wet sand. Press into prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Prepare spiced apple layer by combining chopped apples with brown sugar and cinnamon until they are evenly coated. Spread into baked crust and set aside.
- For cheesecake layer, beat cream cheese in an electric mixer until it is creamy. Add in brown sugar and beat until it's very smooth and creamy.
- Stir in vanilla extract, cinnamon, and flour until just combined.
- Mix in eggs one at a time, making sure they are fully incorporated before each addition. Scrape down sides as necessary. Pour cheesecake mixture over apples and spread into an even layer. Set aside.
- For topping, mix together all ingredients until well blended. Sprinkle over top of cheesecake.
- Place cheesecake pan inside a roasting pan, and pour hot water about halfway up sides.
- Bake cheesecake for 1 hour until edges seem set. Center will still be slightly jiggly.
- Leave oven closed, turn off heat, and leave cheesecake in oven for 1 more hour. This will gently finish cooking cheesecake.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely to room temperature.
- Place in fridge for at least 6 hours until it's completely chilled.
- Serve topped with caramel and whipped cream if desired.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.