Apple Pound Cake with Rum Glaze
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups Honeycrisp apples, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Rum Glaze
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons spiced rum
- Pinch salt
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray (2) 8x4x2-inch loaf pans with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy with an electric mixer, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add sour cream and vanilla. Beat until incorporated. Add flour and salt, mix on low until combined. Toss apples and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Fold the apples into the batter.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared loaf pans. Bake for 60 to 75 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes, then turn out and cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make glaze, whisk together powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons rum. Add more rum if needed for desired consistency. Pour over cooled cakes, let glaze set for 2 hours.