Applesauce Oat Breakfast Nuggets
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sprouted wheat flour or white whole wheat flour*
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg (optional – an egg will make these a little lighter)
- 1 cup raisins or other dried fruits
- 1/2 cup chopped raw almonds or other nuts or seeds
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Stir together oats, flour, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients, whisk together applesauce, vanilla, sugar, salt, oil, and egg if using.
- Add dry ingredients. When combined add fruit and nuts.
- Scoop onto cookie sheets into 2-3 tablespoon size mounds.
- Press flat to about 1/3-inch.
- Place in oven for 9-10 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, these can be stored in freezer for a quick snack.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments