- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup instant corn masa flour (not cornstarch)
- 1/4 cup firmly packed Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cinnamon sticks, optional
- Sprinkle of cinnamon, optional
- In a large saucepan, whisk together milk, water, masa, and brown sugar. Place over heat and whisk constantly to a boil. Reduce heat and boil for one additional minute.
- Remove from heat and whisk in cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Pour into mugs and serve.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon and cinnamon sticks, if desired.
Dixie Crystals Insight
For variety: At the end of cooking, whisk in a little chopped chocolate.