Auntie Dee’s Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (dissolved in 1 tablespoon vinegar)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond flavor
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix salt, baking powder, and flour and set aside.
- Cream sugars and butter together.
- Add egg, vanilla, almond flavor, and baking soda dissolved in vinegar.
- Mix in dry ingredients and combine well.
- Make into balls (around 1 inch) then press with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.