- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease or line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Start by mashing your avocado until it is super smooth. You can also use a food processor for this step if you want to ensure there are absolutely no lumps.
- Mix in sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Beat until eggs are fully incorporated and everything is well combined.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder. Stir until just combined. Be careful not to over-mix.
- Add in most of chocolate chips (reserving about 1/4 cup for top) until just incorporated.
- Pour batter into a prepared pan and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over top.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until a tester comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before slicing to serve.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.