Avocado Zucchini Muffins
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 2/3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon iodized sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 cups walnuts
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded zucchini squash
- 3/4 of a large avocado, mashed
- 2 eggs
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 24 muffin tins with paper muffin cups.
- Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients until well combined. Then, hand mix in nuts last.
- Pour batter in lined muffin tins. Bake for about 25 to 35 minutes or until muffin springs back when pressed softly on top or inserted toothpick comes out clean. Don’t overbake.