Bacon Cream Corn
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/4 inch slices and rendered. Reserve bacon fat
- 1/4 sweet onion, minced
- 2 bags (10 oz) frozen corn
- 3 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- In a large skillet, heat bacon fat and onion. Sautee onion until translucent.
- Combine remaining ingredients in skillet and heat through.
- Remove about 1/4 corn mixture to a food processor and blend briefly. Add back to corn mixture.
- Sprinkle with bacon pieces and serve hot.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Carrie Fields @fieldsofcake.