Baked Peaches Topped with Peach Gelato
- 2 bags (12 or 16 oz) frozen peaches
- 1 1/2 cups filtered water
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Agave syrup or corn syrup
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Baked Peaches
- 3 ripe peaches
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Optional: 3 tablespoons Amaretto or peach liquor
- 1/2 cup Biscoff Cookies (Speculoos Cookies)
- Defrost peaches, if using 16 ounce bags keep a cup in freezer for later use. Defrost either overnight in refrigerator or on low setting in microwave. Keep temperature of peaches under 70°F.
- Bring to boil water, sugar and agave syrup. Boil for 2 minutes and remove from heat. Pour in bowl and place in freezer until very cold.
- Puree defrosted peaches until very smooth puree is obtained.
- Measure a total of 3 cups peach puree. Use any remaining puree to flavor drinking water.
- Combine puree with cold syrup and cold heavy cream and whisk smooth. Place in freezer until very cold. If you have leftover frozen peaches you can chop some in small pieces and add these to the gelato mix.
- Meanwhile prepare ice cream machine (Follow manufactures directions). Pouring a very cold gelato mixture into the machine will shorten the churning time and provide smoother and better gelato.
- Cut fresh peaches in half and remove pits. Place cut side up in an ovenproof baking dish.
- Melt butter, brown sugar, vanilla and liquor together and spoon over peaches. Place in oven, after 15 minutes spoon butter-sugar mixture on surface of peaches and return to oven until tender, about another 15 minutes. Total time will depend on size and ripeness of peaches.
- Remove from oven and serve with gelato and crunched cookies.