Banana Cream Pie Cookie Cups
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3.4 oz) package banana pudding
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Crème Chantilly
- Miniature vanilla wafer cookies, for decoration
- Sliced banana, for decoration
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Prepare pudding with milk and refrigerate a minimum 4 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease mini muffin tin with baking spray and set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add in egg and vanilla extract and mix to combine. Add in flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt.
- Roll 1 tablespoon-sized balls of dough and place into muffin tin. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- As soon as cookies come out of oven, use handle of wooden spoon or muddler and press center down, creating a well in cookie cups. Cool 10 minutes in tin then move cookies onto cooling rack to cool completely.
- Pipe pudding into cooled cookie cups. Top with creme chantilly and garnish with wafer cookies and banana slices just before serving. Refrigerate in an airtight container if not eating immediately. Can be made up to 8 hours in advance.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Terri Truscello Miller @LoveandConfections.