Banana Pecan Cupcakes
- 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 24 banana chips
- 24 pecan halves
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Mix together butter and both sugars until well combined; mix in vanilla.
- Mix in eggs and mashed bananas.
- Slowly mix in flour mixture.
- Mix in chopped pecans.
- Divide batter evenly into cupcake liners and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- For frosting, cream together butter and cream cheese.
- Carefully mix in powdered sugar. Add in the vanilla and mix well.
- Spoon frosting into a piping bag fitted with 1M piping tip. Pipe frosting onto cupcakes.
- Top each cupcake with a banana chip and pecan half.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.