Banana Split Brownies
- 1 box (3.4 ounce) banana cream instant pudding mix
- 1 box (3.4 ounce) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 container (8 ounce) Cool Whip, thawed
- Chocolate sprinkles, chocolate syrup, dried banana chips, maraschino cherries
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray an 8x8-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and place a piece of parchment paper inside the pan with a bit of overhang. The overhang will serve as your handles, so leave enough to lift brownies once layered. (You may also use a 9x13-inch pan, but brownies will not be as thick.)
- In a medium sixed bowl, stir together cocoa and baking soda. Blend 1/3 cup of canola oil into cocoa until well mixed and shiny. Carefully add boiling water and stir until mixture thickens.
- Add sugars and stir in remaining 1/3 cup of canola oil and eggs; mix until smooth. Slowly add flour, vanilla and salt. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out slightly wet. (If you wait until a toothpick comes out clean, you’ll have dry brownies.)
- Allow the brownies to cool completely.
- Once brownies are cooled, beat pudding mix with heavy cream. Once mixture resembles pudding, spread over brownie. Cover and refrigerate for 1+ hours.
- Once chilled, spread whipped topping over pudding layer.
- Return to refrigerator for an additional 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove layered brownies by lifting parchment edges and placing brownies onto a cutting board. Cut into brownie squares and top with desired toppings.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Aimee Broussard @AimeeBroussard.com.